Charlotte, North Carolina
5.6K views 22 comments

I recently had to block a long-time friend of mine who lives in Seymour Indiana because every post revolves around selling Rodan Fields.Facebook should not allow MLM's to sell on personal pages.

Preying on friends and family is disgraceful. I'll never buy the products based on these unscrupulous sales tactics. Stop stalking us RF consultants. It's like a cult.

The other thing that bothers me is lack of disclosure.

It's really not about selling the product but recruiting people so you can make money off your downline.

Reason of review: Facebook Stalking.

I didn't like: Facebook stalking.

Had an Experience with Rodan and Fields?

Comments

Tacoma, Washington, United States #1352572

I totally agree the pushy sales tactics and trying to be my friend to get me to become a sales representative is unacceptable.Watch out for sales representative on military bases because these are unlisted wives who have nothing better to do but push out kids and gossip with one another.

I ran into a few on Ft.

Lewis-McCord who tried hard to befriend me just to sell R&F.It is stalking!

Lori
Redding, California, United States #1336921

I totally agree, my sister in law started selling this ***, she sounds like a cult member, totally photo shopped ***

I completely agree with "snailmail" in Charlotte, North Carolina.Similar scenario happened to me.

High pressure sales tactic from a friend of mine then she inundates me with text follow-ups and adding me to R&F FB groups that I have no interest or time to watch. Finally I agreed to purchase 2 products just to try them out and to get her to stop bugging me. But I clearly told my friend the rep that I did NOT want to be placed on the Auto Ship program. When she assured me I wouldn't be, I signed up.

But lo and behold, guess what? I just received an email from Rodan & Fields that my Auto Shipment would soon be sent out to me! How in the world did this happen when I clearly said I did NOT want Auto Ship? So I had to go through the hassle of cancelling my account online, then calling the R&F Customer Service Dept to verify cancellation of everything.

Products are very expensive and didn't do what I expected. Then when I had a discussion with the rep that I canceled my account, she turned the tables around on me, trying to pin the blame of the misunderstanding on me, unbelievable! I told her she didn't fully disclose everything to me. If she had been up front with me regarding all the specifics, there's no way I would've ever signed up to begin with.

Too complicated and underhanded!

Good thing she isn't a close friend so distancing myself from her will be easy.Very disappointed with my first (and last) experience with R&F!

Brooklyn, New York, United States #1211313

You don't know *** about how this business works and yes as a business owner if one of my clients wants to also change there lives and start building there own brand with the help of a well respected business and products that's great! If you don't have the balls to build a business that is your problem! What type of person are you to block a friend of wanting to work for a better future earn more money have more freedom and maybe be able to spend more time with there families

Montgomery, Alabama, United States #1205355

A cult is a very accurate term to describe what is happening with "business owners" posting repeatedly on FB pages.Look consultants, WE DON'T WANT YOUR CRAPPY PRODUCTS NOR DO WE WANT TO JOIN YOUR TEAM!!!

stop with the posting.

I mean, you do realize that people who used to be your friends now cannot stand to be around you because they feel all you want is for you to "join them on their journey".

oh and by the way consultants....foolishly spending 1k on a kit does not a business owner make.

to Anonymous #1220914

Funny you are happy to come here and spout off but don't have the nuts to attach your name to your comment.

to Anonymous #1270201

Nor did you...j/s

Lori
to Anonymous Redding, California, United States #1336923

I do, my name is Laurie and your products are bad, bad ingredients, you are all misinformed

First of all, it isn't stalking if they are posting on their own pages.Second of all, you can choose to 'unfollow' people.

Third of all, do you unfriend everyone who makes a recommendation on a product using Facebook or is in another network marketing/direct sales business? The products are created by DERMATOLOGISTS. They are sold online. Consultants are spreading the word.

I became a consultant because I believe in the products. I am not trying to recruit people to my team. Not a ponzi scheme, since they are selling actual products and it is not dependent on having a consultant under you. Some consultants are doing this as a stand-alone business, others do this to supplement their full-time or part-time jobs.

Maybe I am tired of all the *** posts about what someone made for dinner, the checklist of what was completed for the day, calling out a stranger for doing something foolish while at the store.

Whatever.