13.1K views
3.0

I started using Rodan & Fields Reverse Regimen. After casually splashing toner on my neck, the way one would, I acquired a horrific rash that took WEEKS to subside.

At first I didn't know what it was, and continued with R&F. When I did the same thing about 1.5 months later, the rash returned even more aggressively. It has been over 3 weeks now, and elements of the rash are still there. Of course, I have stopped the product, and since understood better its incredibly toxicity.

I have never had ANY skin issues at all.

Nothing, and this was NOT benign - large swath of terrible red itchy bumps.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

ProActive is no longer owned by Rodan and Fields and hasn’t been for years.

JoyfulPeacock

I was using the Redefine Intensive Renewing Serum. I used only a tiny bit from each capsule along my upper lip every night.

After a few weeks, I started breaking out in hives on my arms and occasionally my legs. Then, I developed angiodema (lip swelling) about every third day - sometimes on one side of my upper lip; sometimes the other side; sometimes the lower lip. July 19, 2018, was the last day I used the product (after developing yet another angiodema on July 20). I have had NO problems since then.

I really wasn't sure it was the product since the original allergic reaction was on my arms. But, I am now fairly convinced.

Way past the 60-day return since I was using such a small amount every day before the problem started and didn't even initially correlate the problem with the product until much later. Oh well.

I have been using R and F redefine for over a year now. About a month ago...i got this weird rash all around my mouth and it won’t go away :-(.

I have a doctor’s appointment to check it out. I have never had a rash of any kind in my life...and I’m in my 40’s.

to Anonymous #1580759

I have been using R+F redefine for several years and never had a problem. Then they changed the formula on their lip serum. I've been having cracked corners and dry lips for the past few months and have finally decided the lip serum may be the culprit since it had a cooling sensation and I started having issues then.

Please DO NOT buy it. I have the reverse and it caused a major redness in my face with burning and itchy sensation, forget about the money I just want my face back, the worst experience ever. It's not fair

to Anonymous #1449499

I just started reverse 3 weeks ago. My face feels on fire, itches, stays red , and looks leathered!

Is this what your did? Did it subside?

to Cabrinabaru #1459559

Did you use it twice a day to start with? You are supposed to ease into it the first three weeks, starting with only using it once every other day, then go to once a day, then twice a day.

When your easinging into it use a mild soap (I used Dove). Also try adding a moisturizer to your regimen.

to Anonymous #1593305

Me too!

Rodan n Fields most popular skin care line, Proactiv, has bleach in it. Their products are harsh and toxic. Be careful with this company.

I have got extreme skin reaction , acne all over my face , it could be the toner though . I never took care of my skin and started casually applying Rodan & Field , but after commiting to be more disciplined to use skin care everyday , I've got break out.

I am so disappointed , 60 days period is over, if I had bought any product from anywhere I could return it without hassle. I am not sure how long it takes for my skin to recover.

I also had a reaction to this product. I don't find the consultants to be overly helpful in returning products. That's a ton of money to spend on this hoopla.

I also have a horrible red bumpy rash every where I used the Reverse toner.

The price on the Reverse Regimen is $171 , not $500 as stated. There are very detailed instructions on how to test for allergies BEFORE you slap it on your face and neck AND the company offers a 60 day empty bottle, no questions asked , money back guarantee, provided you purchased from a consultant and not from a 3rd party seller which is against company policy as the product could be expired or tampered with.

to Anonymous #1370397

Really a full refund? Oh wow!!

I didn't know that! Thanks!

Okay for reals now. I did purchase over $400 for a regime and a tool to assist. After 2 weeks my skin looked so horrible that a real dermatologist told me to immediately stop it and gave me a $10 script to clear up.

Which took over a month, but it worked.

And I returned within the time period and it took over 3 months and countless phone calls to get refunded.

Weekly emails and phone calls. They couldn't find the package, they didn't have a record of it, it was found and being processed...and back to they couldn't find the package.

This company is a circus and all you consultants are simply their trained monkeys.

to Anonymous #1449584

Sounds like you purchased the reverse lightening regimen with the Amp MD roller which are NOT to be used together. If you had purchased from a R and F Consultant, they should have informed you of that.

Why didn't you get the refund? We have a 60 day money back guarantee and if you purchased the product from an actual consultant (not from Ebay or Amazon) you most definitely would have received one.

After about 3-4weeks using reverse I've got several rash patches on my neck too. I was using the product on my face, neck and chest.

Will take an antihistamine and use mild cortisone cream to ease inflammation. Disposing product.

I was using the reverse brightening and I loved the results, I switched to lighting and within a day of starting it, got a horrible rash all over my face. It's been a week and it doesn't seem to get any better!

It looks extra dry with a lot of little bumps!

It's almost like something burned the top layer off! How did you ladies treat your rash?

to Anonymous #1436461

I wander if it’s from starting the lightening after doing the reverse and brightening regimen. The only reason I mention this is because the exact thing happened to me and I did the same exact thing you did.

to Anonymous #1464582

No I did only the lightening and my face is sore on fire like I put acid on it! This is horrible.

It hurts and I don’t know how to treat it. Any suggestions on what worked for anyone?