7.1K views 93 comments
Featured Not resolved

I used lashboost for a total of 4 weeks.After about 1 1/2 weeks, I woke up to a stye on my eyelid.

I stopped using it until the stye went away (about 3 or 4 days) then I resumed use for the remaining 3 weeks until I got another stye, and then another, and then another. I stopped use after the first one appeared, and have been off of it for over 2 weeks, and I'm still getting breakouts on and around my eyelids. About three days ago, I had a stye develop on my right upper eye lid. It has since grown and taken over my entire eyelid, swelling to at least two times it's normal size.

I even went to the doctor today to get it checked out because it was so painful, red, and inflamed.

The doctor told me to never use it again, not that I would!I'll never purchase another Rodan and Fields product again, and will encourage others to follow suit.

Review about: Rodan And Fields Lash Boost Serum.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Rodan and Fields?

Comments

Callicoon Center, New York, United States #1340800

This is something that can happen with any Lash product

to Anonymous #1340864

I think this statement is misleading.There are organic natural products (like coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil) that condition lashes and make lashes appear longer and fuller.

They don't cause this kind of damage.And there are ingredients in lash boost that are questionable and causing clumps of lashes to fall out.

BAK

I just posted my situation was more serious.I shared pics We were very unlucky but this can happen with any lash enhancing product.

This MUST be listed as a potential side effect I'm contacting FDA.

Otherwise I'm fine with the product just pissed they didn't come clean that this CAN happen: styes infections or absesses.It appears too safe in their sheet but listen this infection I have was a few days from spreading to my lymph nodes and potentially my brain not ok.

Here is an article that mentions possible long term damage that can be caused by eyelash serums that contain prostaglandin analogs. The article specifically mentions the ingredient isopropyl cloprostenate and Rodan and Fields Lash Boost.

Have you contacted the FDA about this?I contacted them and was told that the ingredient Isopropyl cloprostenate, which is in Lash Boost is a synthetic prostaglandin analog in the same class of compounds as the active ingredients in FDA-approved drugs indicated to lower intraocular pressure in glaucoma patients.

Prostaglandin analogs are well known to have an effect on the structure or function of the body.I was advised by the FDA employee that I contacted to see a doctor before using Lash Boost Look up Isopropyl Cloprostenate and also prostaglandin analog and you will see why the FDA should be advised of issues with this product.

Nancy

Wow!I was considering buying Lash Boost.

I read the ingredient list and found out that it contains Isopropyl Cloprostenate. Other companies were forced to take it out of their lash growth formulas.

Did you contact the FDA about it?http://www.cosmeticsandtoiletries.com/regulatory/claims/120476614.html

Dena
Wichita, Kansas, United States #1332472

I had the same thing happen to me.along my top lash line I got a little bump and it hasn't gone away, I have had it for about a month and now I see one starting on the other eye.

I have never in my life had any bumps like this on my eye.

And no I am not putting it on with any makeup on my eyes, I wash all of my makeup on at night before bed and then apply it.I am stopping use of this product.

Katy
Lockport, Illinois, United States #1329624

Honestly, it sounds like you've applied it to a dirty eyelid...then put it back in the serum.The bacteria can fester, and you keep applying it.

Only apply eye-topicals to CLEAN eyelids...and you shouldn't have this problem.

I do not use the product, nor do I sell it.I simply was researching it...and this sounds like an obvious issue.

to Katy #1330240

Katy, honestly we thank you for your diagnosis.You're probably right about all the people that have reactions to all R&F products.

They just didn't use it right. And for the people that got overcharged or couldn't return their product, I suppose they messed up too. Judging by your AMAZING knowledge you must be a graduate from the university of R&F. Or we're one of those mega successful "corporate" people swimming in money only to leave and get involved in an MLM.

Step out of the MLM fog you're in before you wind up with people that avoid you and losing money.MLM companies have much sadder stories than happy ones.

leidgirl

Hey I hear you!And for the price, it shouldn't do this.

And for two doctors, they should be very careful what ingredients they put in it. I'll stay away since I have very sensitive skin. I recently bought one from Monat, have you tried that one? It's less than half the cost, and I haven't reacted to it at all.

I bought it from a rep, I'm not one myself :) Just giving you other options.

Also, the secret to growing lashes...is super cheap and easy: Castor oil and organic coconut oil. Mix it and put a tiny amount above your lashes.

No reaction and cheap.Hope that works too!