10.3K views
Featured Not resolved

I used lashboost for a total of 4 weeks.After about 1 1/2 weeks, I woke up to a stye on my eyelid.

I stopped using it until the stye went away (about 3 or 4 days) then I resumed use for the remaining 3 weeks until I got another stye, and then another, and then another. I stopped use after the first one appeared, and have been off of it for over 2 weeks, and I'm still getting breakouts on and around my eyelids. About three days ago, I had a stye develop on my right upper eye lid. It has since grown and taken over my entire eyelid, swelling to at least two times it's normal size.

I even went to the doctor today to get it checked out because it was so painful, red, and inflamed.

The doctor told me to never use it again, not that I would!I'll never purchase another Rodan and Fields product again, and will encourage others to follow suit.

Review about: Rodan And Fields Lash Boost Serum.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Had an Experience with Rodan and Fields?

Comments

Thank you for sharing you story & warning others. Sorry for your suffering!

Same thing happened to me.Will never use the serum again.

The sty is so painful and itchy.The lash boost is not worth this discomfort

Callicoon Center, New York, United States #1340800

This is something that can happen with any Lash product

to Anonymous #1340864

I think this statement is misleading.There are organic natural products (like coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil) that condition lashes and make lashes appear longer and fuller.

They don't cause this kind of damage.And there are ingredients in lash boost that are questionable and causing clumps of lashes to fall out.

BAK

I just posted my situation was more serious.I shared pics We were very unlucky but this can happen with any lash enhancing product.

This MUST be listed as a potential side effect I'm contacting FDA.

Otherwise I'm fine with the product just pissed they didn't come clean that this CAN happen: styes infections or absesses.It appears too safe in their sheet but listen this infection I have was a few days from spreading to my lymph nodes and potentially my brain not ok.

Here is an article that mentions possible long term damage that can be caused by eyelash serums that contain prostaglandin analogs. The article specifically mentions the ingredient isopropyl cloprostenate and Rodan and Fields Lash Boost.

to Anonymous #1352357

It also contains LYE!!wtf?

yes, last boost (it's in the contents listing) And people put this on their eyes! ("Sodium hydroxide"- NaOH).... extremely corrosive and can cause severe burns to body tissues! (The eyes are particularly at risk, as caustic soda is able to hydrolyze protein, which is often the cause of severe eye damage)

(Caustic soda/sodium hydroxide, is used in the manufacture of plastic wrap, soap and paper and is the major ingredient in most oven cleaners and liquid drain cleaners for God's sake people!.) In chemical manufacturing, it is used in metal processing, oil refining and water treatment.. When it reacts with moisture in the air, it dissolves, generating heat.

*I am aware of others who have inquired and have yet to receive an answer without being banned.The public deserves to know!

Have you contacted the FDA about this?I contacted them and was told that the ingredient Isopropyl cloprostenate, which is in Lash Boost is a synthetic prostaglandin analog in the same class of compounds as the active ingredients in FDA-approved drugs indicated to lower intraocular pressure in glaucoma patients.

Prostaglandin analogs are well known to have an effect on the structure or function of the body.I was advised by the FDA employee that I contacted to see a doctor before using Lash Boost Look up Isopropyl Cloprostenate and also prostaglandin analog and you will see why the FDA should be advised of issues with this product.

to Anonymous #1352355

Curious- why does last boost contain lye?And people put this on their eyes!

("Sodium hydroxide"- NaOH).... Although caustic soda is not a systemic toxin, it is however extremely corrosive and can cause severe burns to body tissues! (The eyes are particularly at risk, as caustic soda is able to hydrolyze protein, which is often the cause of severe eye damage) As its name implies, caustic soda is caustic and one of many alkaline compounds that are referred to as lye- or pure sodium hydroxide, at room temperature is an odorless, white solid.

It should be used with caution, as it is an alkaline corrosive that can be hazardous! (Caustic soda/sodium hydroxide, is used in the manufacture of plastic wrap, soap and paper and is the major ingredient in most oven cleaners and liquid drain cleaners.) In chemical manufacturing, it is used in metal processing, oil refining and water treatment..

When it reacts with moisture in the air, it dissolves, generating heat. This heat may cause nearby flammable materials to ignite, resulting in a fire. It should be safely stored in a dry, cool and well-ventilated place, away from oxidizing or organic materials. It should not be allowed to come into contact with metal powders or acids.

*Please post an answer to your consumers (and sales people /consultants) AS THEY ARE NOT BEING MADE AWARE OF THIS FACT.

Wow!I was considering buying Lash Boost.

I read the ingredient list and found out that it contains Isopropyl Cloprostenate. Other companies were forced to take it out of their lash growth formulas.

Did you contact the FDA about it?http://www.cosmeticsandtoiletries.com/regulatory/claims/120476614.html