16.2K views
Featured Not resolved

I used lashboost for a total of 4 weeks. After about 1 1/2 weeks, I woke up to a stye on my eyelid.

I stopped using it until the stye went away (about 3 or 4 days) then I resumed use for the remaining 3 weeks until I got another stye, and then another, and then another. I stopped use after the first one appeared, and have been off of it for over 2 weeks, and I'm still getting breakouts on and around my eyelids. About three days ago, I had a stye develop on my right upper eye lid. It has since grown and taken over my entire eyelid, swelling to at least two times it's normal size.

I even went to the doctor today to get it checked out because it was so painful, red, and inflamed.

The doctor told me to never use it again, not that I would! I'll never purchase another Rodan and Fields product again, and will encourage others to follow suit.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rodan And Fields Lash Boost Serum.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments

You obviously weren't using it correctly and applied generous amounts on your eyes. If you have allergies, you should not use it when your eyes are flared up.

Or perhaps you could be allergic to one of the ingredients. Your issues are rare.

to Anonymous #1499752

You’re kidding, right? Rare?

There are not 1 but 2 lawsuits filed right now against RF. One of them is to address the numerous complaints about lash boost and it’s damage caused to users. Styes, droopy eyelids, red eyes, changes in color, infections and more. Rare?

You have got to do some outside your bubble reading. Start here and just continue reading all of the complaints in this thread alone.

I so wanted to like Lash Boost, but... got my first stye after about two weeks of use so stopped for a few days.

Then I started again and got another. Took about a three week break and started again, and yes, I got another. The stye I have now is completely infected and I’ve been on antibiotics/steroid drops for 4 days. Can’t wear my contacts and I look like a freak.

And, btw, I had never had a stye before. Don’t worry, I’ve kesrned my lesson.

After using R&F lash boost on and off for a year and a half, after numerous styes and infections it dawned on me it might be the product. It was!!

Never using that product again. The pain & discomfort of the styes and infections I believe to be a direct result from this product for everything else of my routine stayed the same.

I know quite a lot of people who are using Lash Boost and have no problems. You need reviews from doctors not people especially when they state there is a medical issue.

Too many people already have problems that have nothing to do with using Lash Boost.

I have researched lawsuits and what I have found are litigators shopping for cases. There are no lawsuits yet!!!

to Janice #1442480

http://www.krcomplexlit.com/2018/02/rodan-fields-enhancements-lash-boost-cause-adverse-side-effects/Get some smarts there! Figures you’re a typical consultant

to Anonymous #1583568

There's always one in every crowd. I research ingredients of any products. This is the internet and no rules for companies pushing crap and obviously they go to great lengths to sell it too bad those great lengths don't include health and safety

to Janice #1442840

to Janice #1444025

You are right there are no class action lawsuits. Yet.

This is the first step getting evidence from consumer or users. Additionally they will bring in doctors and scientists to test and review ingredients. Possibly the FDA as well.

So there will do doctors and medical professional that will review the product. They may not post here, but there has to be something to this as now there are multiple law firms that are gathering info and looking to make a case.

to Anonymous #1486294

Look again.

Why are you allowed to post complaints anonymously?...i could be anyone from anywhere simply lying my *** off....there is one "anonymous" person on this site that rants on a daily basis! Not normal...i just wanted a straight up review from real people with a real problem...

Sounds more like a personal vendetta!

You are ruining it for people who want truthful information... you are making me second-guess these posts

to Geeiguessillbeanonymous2 #1436055

Are you going to second guess the fact there is a massive lawsuit brewing against LashBoost?!

What do you think about that second guesser?

That's right...this *** company is going down!

Putting the ingredients in Lashboost that are used in glaucoma drops.

Wtf??!! Causing styes on the eye, massive infections, and hair growth on the face.

Peace out!

to Anonymous #1453743

There is no law suit. Totally bogus.

to Anonymous #1454239

There is an investigation. Which is the first step to a lawsuit.

There are at least 3 separate law firms looking into this.

So yes, true no lawsuit. Not yet.

This will answer any questions you may have. Before listening to others do research your self.

I can guarentee none of you who have have issues followed all directions like making sure you cleansing and wiping dry your eyelids before use or doing a patch test before use.

ENHANCEMENTS_Lash_Boost_FAQs.pdf

to Chill #1434550

And while you are all

Looking up the pdf...I don’t think any amount of cleaning your eyelids or brush will take out the questionable ingredients in lash boost causing the irritation anyway. So when you are done reading the pdf from Chill...check out this law firm that is putting together information for a class action lawsuit: http://www.krcomplexlit.com/2018/02/rodan-fields-enhancements-lash-boost-cause-adverse-side-effects/

Chill?

Do you feel a little chilly now?

You should? Bc this lawsuit is icy.

to Chill #1435848

Why do the rf reps always say it’s the users fault ??? The rf eye cream made my eyes itchy red and swollen.

I used RAPID LASH with no problem - didn’t have to patch test or clean the wand nothing and guess what ?! It worked !

May not be spider legs but my lashes are longer and thicker. Bonus 2 for $50 at Costco !

to Chill #1494189

Please read this FDA warning letter that was issued to another company about their lash serum that also contains the ingredient isopropyl cloprostenate. https://wayback.archive-it.org/7993/20170111100914/http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/2011/ucm251951.htm

I also developed a large stye on my lower eyelid that did not respond to home treatment. I used the Lash boost every day for 7 weeks and the only results I got was an ingrown eyelash on my upper lid (who knew this was even a thing?!?) and now this enormous, infected stye.

I'm currently treating it with a very expensive antibiotic and cortisone ointment and it does seem to be shrinking.

So I paid $200.00 for an infected stye. Definitely don't recommend.

I too developed a huge stye on my upper right eyelid but after only about a week of use. I have never had a stye so I didn't even know what it was.

My sister (who lives in a different state than me) developed a stye after 3 months of use. I will never use this product again!