11513 Macfaden Dr, Spotsylvania Courthouse, VA 22551, USA
3.3K views
Featured Not resolved
2.3
Turnaround Time

In December of 2016 after a year of using the Redefine regimen, I noticed open pores appearing on my skin.This should have been a sign to me to back off, but I don't know much about skincare, so I contacted my consultant.

She sent me two packets of microdermabrasion paste and told me to use that on top of my skin for a few days and see if the pores went away. Well, they didn't. Not only did they not go away, they got WAY worse. In addition to open pores, I developed extreme inflammation and what looks like scarring all over my face in addition to burning, itching, etc.

For a year, I've done nothing but use gentle ingredients. No exfoliation, no ingredients with chemicals, and my skin is absolutely destroyed. I've seen five dermatologists, three estheticians, and three plastic surgeons. Most of whom have never seen anything like this before and say they cannot help me until my inflammation subsides.

I've had multiple blood panels ran (all came back normal), hormones tested (normal), and biopsies of the area (normal except for showing extreme inflammation). I'm using a rosacea cream now because that's the only thing the last derm I went to could recommend in an effort to keep inflammation down. This was after three months of doxycycline as well. I've attached photos.

This is horrifying. It has RUINED my life. Please stay away from this product. I emailed these photos to the only email I could find for them (their sales email), and they told me to contact my consultant.

Pretty sure if my consultant knew what she was doing, I wouldn't be in this mess. Oh lastly, I've had to get on antidepressants to even function. I'm 33 years old.

I look 70.Even my psychiatrist told me as much.

Review about: Rodan And Fields Face Care.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

His exact same thing just started happening to me! I literally just got a facial Sunday because my pores are starting to look huge! Did you find anything to help it go back to normal?

to Kayla turner92 #1435746

No...it's been a year and three months and nothing. I can't even wash my face without it hurting. My suggestion would be to lay off all actives immediately and be as gentle as possible.

Tried the product, made my skin extremely dry, I have big bumps all over my face and very itchy, totally ruined my beautiful smooth skin. Had to stop using it and wait for my skin to recover, and had to look "ugly" for a while since I have to let my skin to heal. When you return you have to pay shipping, also when you open a new account you have to pay $20 fee (hidden of course)

Not worth your time and energy, stay away from it.

As Independent Consultants, your R&F rep carries the legal burden for the products she sells.It's a nice little set up for R&F.

Get gullible people to market and sell your product while completely shedding any legal responsibilities. Your only hope is to sue your rep for damages. But like you said, your dermatologist says its age related so you wouldn't have much of a leg to stand on. Maybe you can find a dermatologist that would back your story?

Or maybe find some proof that the ingredients in the product you used can cause what happened to you?

So sorry to hear your story.I wish you the best in your recovery.

Randf sets up the DoubleBind between the consultants and the company to avoid accountability.

There is really nothing the consultant can do for you to help.

The distance shields the company from any wrong doing.

Still go see a lawyer, because there is damage caused by a product, theirs.

Randf kills skin and accelerates aging.

This is tragic.I am so sorry to hear this.

Greetings and happy holidays.I am all about giving, so here are more sources for you all to read and consider.

Come to your own conclusions.

False Profits by Robert Fitzpatrick

The Likelihood of MLM Success

Success Rates and Tips for MLM Business

https://www.thebalance.com/the-likelihood-of-mlm-success-1794500 Consumer Awareness Institute The Case (for and) against Multi-level Marketing By Jon M. Taylor, MBA, Ph.D.

https://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/files/documents/public_comments/trade-regulation-rule-disclosure-requirements-and-prohibitions-concerning-business-opportunities-ftc.r511993-00017%C2%A0/00017-57317.pdf Pyramid Schemes Aren’t Sexy – The Guilt Driven Psychology Behind Pure Romance (about MLM’s) http://www.vegandogfood.co/pyramid-schemes-arent-sexy-the-guilt-driven-psychology-behind-pure-romance/ Fake Before and After https://www.reddit.com/r/antiMLM/comments/70oovz/another_deceptive_rodan_fields_before_and_after/ https://thats-normal.com/2017/02/everyone-hates-your-mlm-an-introduction/ Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Rodan-Fields-is-a-scam-1630057697316104/?ref=nf Rodan + Fields Scam?Yes It Is In My Opinion http://ethanvanderbuilt.com/2017/10/20/rodan-fields-scam-yes-opinion/

That was your consultant - not the company. If you call yourself they're actually REALLY helpful

to Cynthia #1405367

I've reached out to them. No, they were not. They told me to call my consultant.

to Cynthia #1405627

Cynthia— get real, there is nothing a consultant can do, except refund, but NO REPAIR.

to Cynthia #1406621

That’s how this pyramid scheme works- put it on the little guy- who of course had no legal compability.

Go to a dermatologist .

to Cynthia #1407091

How are they helpful?What did they do for you, Cynthia?

Did they help you track down a return? Did they contact you to let you know that it was time for your auto renewal and ask you if there was anything that you would like to change in your order or delay? Did they answer your email within 12 hrs?

Did they speak with you within minutes of you calling and not putting you on hold for 30+ min?

Please do tell how hey have been helpful, in your personal experience.

michaelkwu

they don't tell you it contains chemicals which cause skin reactions and allergies.They care about profits not you. Just look at the ingredients label and tell me if im right?

Algorithms being tampered with again?As of last week, google Rodan and Fields scam and it was the top of the search, now it's back to page three of the searches with over 960k views?

Something doesn't add up except that MLM companies have been accused of manipulating searches to hide negative info and highlight the same regurgitated lines given by "team leaders"

Accountability?

Last observation- FTC makes a ruling restricting faulty language regarding selling the opportunity and recruitment. Just this morning I see people violating the rules. What a joke!

Make a law and don't enforce it.That is why it is critical to hold their feet to the fire and tell the other side.

Please keep sharing.I have the skin condition ..I wish I could send you a pic...its identical...It flared up because I tried new foundation...but seriously..and I am not trying to "sell" go to Lush store or online.

Ask for free sample in person if beeded...you want " Ultrabalm " You will be normal in a week. I know it sound incredibly unbelievable that some natural thing will (I hated Lush, always say smell like hippies etc..) fix it...but it will. MIRACLE.

It also put my psoriasis into full remission.You will literally see a result in one night...face normal in a week.

to gia #1403756

So you had skin just like this?And fixed it with lush ultrabalm.

How often did you use it?It is kinda unbelievable but I am desperate and willing to try anything.

Oh wow. Thank you for sharing--have you gone to the BBB and the FDA? Have you considered contacting a lawyer for compensation for your loss?

to Anonymous #1403260

I haven't.My husband is actually a lawyer, but we aren't sure we could really do much about it as far as lawsuits go.

I'd have to be able to prove Rodan and Fields caused this and to be honest, most derms have told me it's "aging." Which is insane because it happened in the course of a month, and I have NEVER seen anyone with skin like this.Even 80 year olds.

to Anonymous #1404867

Rodan and fields consultants as they call them self took a few classes

Real Esthetician knows what they are talking about and so does Derm Doctors it makes me mad that anyone can just sell b:c they take a class - no wonder many people get their skin destroyed- I’m sorry you are going thru this

to Anonymous #1406869

This!

I’m a consultant (in name only, right now; I’m in the process of terminating my account), and you basically learn as much as your upline can teach you or are willing to research yourself.

My sponsor is a former physicians assistant, and she seemed to know a lot about the product ingredients, but she was terrible at teaching these things, so it was up to me to go out there and learn on my own. The problem is that R+F only provides so many resources, so what you’re left with is finding information - that may or may not be correct - from secondary sources.

There are many consultants in the healthcare industry, but the vast majority have no background in healthcare. So, when a customer contacts you because the products irritated their skin, you’re left in the hot seat with no recourse except to contact R+F’s nurses.

Even with R+F’s tools to help a customer find the most appropriate product line for his/her skin, most people are not honest with themselves, at least in my experience. I’ve had several customers who, upon my asking if they had any sensitivity or redness issues, said no because they wanted to use the anti-aging products like Redefine and Reverse. Turns out, they did have sensitivity issues but wanted the anti-aging benefits so badly that they turned a blind eye. The problem with this is that if they have a bad reaction, I, having no real education in dermatology, am not qualified to advise them on what to do next!

A prime example of this fundamental problem happens to be my own case, or actually, that of my son. He has a disease called Tuberous Sclerosis that causes benign tumors to grow in all of the body’s organs. Our skin is our largest organ, consequently, he has hundreds of very small tumors all over his face called angiofibromas. This is actually how I originally came across R+F.

I knew my sponsor from school, knew she was a P.A., and I thought maybe she’d know of something that could help his skin. I was advised to try a solution (after meeting with her and letting her convince me to sign up as a consultant, too) that actually caused damage. This should not be allowed to happen!

No, these are not prescription strength products, but neither are they natural.

It’s really frightening to see another consultant begging for solutions from fellow consultants in a FB group when his/her customer has had a major problem.Basically, it’s the blind leading the blind, and I’ve had enough.

to Anonymous #1405630

That is tue, but build your case anyhow.

There may be others. Remember, is this reasonable at your point in time?