Sheboygan, Wisconsin
6.3K views 8 comments

I had a consultant add me on Facebook (mutual friend). Months go by & she did not contact me. I met her at a party and she wanted to hang out with me.

I thought she wanted to be friends, and I hung out with her more than I should have. I was lead to believe we were friends and in the same boat of not having friends, but really, she just wanted to recruit me (Marketing degree and I work at a bigger company in our city. I can see why...)

It was very obvious her intentions when I had a minor surgery and a day later she said "hope you're doing great !!! (Insert copy and pasted Rodan and Fields BS). Couldn't even pretend to care about me for a minute or two.

All of their Facebook posts are copy and pasted from Facebook groups. The pictures are altered with lighting and sometimes photoshop (make skin look worse)

My "friend" is better than most consultants, I'll give her that. But to make it to the top you have to have to see everyone as an opportunity. Absolutely horrible.

1.4
Turnaround Time
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Rodan and Fields?

Comments

San Antonio, Texas, United States #1243985

This is yet another sad R+F Story.The tactic you are describing with meeting the girl and thinking she actually wanted to be your friend is what they actually want you to do....make x amount of new contacts in a week....make your circle bigger.....look at friends of friends.

basically stalk people you don't even know and pretend that you want to befriend them just to get them to buy *** products.BEWARE.....RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

Crowley, Texas, United States #1207136

There are some before/after pictures where the before lighting is terrible and the after lighting is obviously better and makeup was most likely being used.Anyone would look horrible in that "lighting." Another one, a woman so obviously looks like she's had a facelift.

Not even prescription creams can remove baggy skin from your throat area. Skin doesn't go away unless it is cut and removed. You can lose weight and the skin may firm up a bit from the lack of fat underneath if you lose the weight slow enough.

These obviously dishonest photos being passed around and the annoying way sales people generally operate will keep me from joining any of these companies.Oh, how I miss the good ol' days of Facebook where people actually used it to socialize and catch up!

Jennifer C
#1192567

voice.https://www.change.org/p/facebook-ban-rodan-fields-consultant-from-recruting-on-facebook

Fresno, California, United States #1190815

Hi, I am a consultant and that sort of thing makes me mad.That is how I was recruited as well, but I realized it too late.

I had already been using the products as well. The reason I am staying with the company right now is because I love the products and have helped a couple of people with painful sensitive skin. As far as photoshop and lighting, Photoshop is absolutely not allowed and sometimes lighting is different in pictures because you have customers who take pictures sometimes when they remember or at a different time of day. We do advise the same lighting.

I have seen amazing results by people I know. I have seen the products work on my children, me, my family, and friends.

I do not have any business partners and I don't plan to unless someone asks me about it. I am not ready for that and don't want to make people feel the way you feel or the way I felt.

It's pretty rude. I know it's just sales, but that's not in my character.

But it's not "sales" according to others which is frustrating because yes, it is.The plus to the business aspect is you don't have to sell if you don't want to and can receive a discount on products.

to Anonymous Sheboygan, Wisconsin, United States #1192569

Thank you ! I'm glad you're not like other consultants.

I wish you the best success !

Rochester, New York, United States #1187831

Sounds kinda paranoid to me. Trust is an important part of a successful friendship.

Elle
to Anonymous #1192552

Not paranoid at all. After two months her intentions were pretty clear.

When you get surgery and that person does not care but continues to spout her MLM, it's obvious.

Rochester, New York, United States #1187830

Sounds kinda paranoid to me.