Featured Not resolved
2.5
Turnaround Time

I wanted to love this product and I did in the beginning. For $135 (More if you are not a Perks Preferred Customer), I expected the serum to do exactly what it claimed to do and it did.

After about 2-3 months of using as directed, I developed a horrible case of dry eye (in retrospect, each night that I put the product on my eyes would sting, but I thought that happened to everyone). The dry eye turned out to be Blepharitis, a viral infection. Since I am sensitive to non organic products, I began to eliminate the use of eye makeup, wore glasses everyday for 3 weeks to see if it was my contacts, and wrote a list of topical creams I used at the advice of my optometrist. In the interim, I stupidly continued to use the Lash Boost, wrongfully believing that my affliction was due to the environment, or my bad eye sight.

My eyes hurt, they were constantly in need of moisture and I became worried since I had ceased wearing makeup for about 2 weeks. I then completely eliminated the Lash Boost and within a week, my eyes stopped hurting and tearing and they were no longer red. Good right? No.

I now have issues with my eyes permanently because of this crap. It is unfortunate, but my eyes mean way more than lush lashes. This product is not good for long term use and customers should be informed. I would like to be reimbursed for the $135.

I still have product left and since I am writing this review away from home, I do not have a picture of the product. See pic to the left, this is what I have to go through every 20 minutes of the day- all of those drops cost money! not to mention quality of life issue because I cannot work on the computer for more than a certain time.

To the right is my proof of purchase from January. R&F is also welcome to take the tube of the unused product and refund my $135.

Review about: Rodan And Fields Lash Boost Serum.

Reason of review: Harmful undisclosed ingredient. Had I known, I would have never purchased!.

Comments

h.kitchener

Not sure why people, especially women insist on putting unknown substances on or anywhere near their eyes in order to enhance their appearance---in theory, at least. You didn't say exactly what your current problems are, but for your information you include a picture of Systane, a dry eye product.

Look at the ingredients in this brand product and look around for a house brand with the same ingredients. You do not have to pay top dollar for Systane, or others.

That's just a piece of advice. And, of course you will look beautiful without the Lash Boost.

ApprehensiveDormouse
to h.kitchener #1521363

Thank you for your input -are you an eye doctor? Systane and other rewetting products you see there, as well as saline solution for my contacts (because I work and need to be in front of a computer) is precisely what I need to use now every 20 minutes because of the dry eye - which occurred after using this product.

I don't understand, are you on here to criticize other people's experience? I don't need a speech on why I used a product.

When a company makes BILLIONS of dollars on products, they should disclose all ingredients or issue warnings. I put those pictures on there to prove that I was a paying customer, not to hear unhelpful opinions from you.

ApprehensiveDormouse
to h.kitchener #1521364

This is not a blog. It is for informative purposes. If you want to socialize, go on Facebook.