17K views

I am extremely embarrassed to admit that I fell for this huge scam of a "business" hook, line and sinker. I consider myself to be an intelligent woman, having been in the health care industry for approx. 20 years. I was introduced to this business 3 years ago and thought I would give it a go as I felt it would be a fun way to make a little extra money. I am a women's health nurse practitioner and really felt like this would be a good fit for me! I jumped in with two feet because a dear friend who wanted me on her "team".

After reading complaint after complaint on this and numerous other websites, it is clear to see that so many other women have been fooled as well. The only thing we are accomplishing by selling these products is making two very wealthy dermatologists even wealthier. I mean, I suppose the joke is on us. The products are simply not worth the money, the customer service is terrible and the way the up-lines push push push you to sell sell sell is horrifying. This supposed "friend" I signed up under had such dirty and low down tactics to get people to join. She would often prey on people who have very little money and would front them the money to "join her team because it would be life changing and that God was speaking to her heart to give you this money to start your business" knowing full well these women would not be successful but for her....it was another consultant. Another notch on the bedpost if you will.

One of the lines a consultant will feed you is that "you don't have to have a stock of product on hand like other companies". This is not really truthful because as a consultant, you have to make a purchase $100 in product each in order to keep making commission. Keep in mind this doesn't include the additional $25 you have to spend in order to keep your website for people to place orders. What you end up with is a closetful of R+F products (aka product stock) that are so *** expensive you don't want to just give them away. I could really go on and on at the disgusting ways that consultants get others to "get on board".

Please DO NOT make the same mistake I made. I was foolish and did not do my research. Only about 4% of consultants will ever make enough to be a substantial salary and 50% of consultants in 2015 made NOTHING but actually lost money. The Women associated with R+F are wolves in sheep's clothing and should be ashamed of themselves......I mean lets face it, it does not take a rocket scientist to copy and past facebook posts onto everyone's facebook page that you know. Every time I see or speak to friends/family that I introduced to R+F I literally apologize.

Hindsight is always 20/20. if I had to do it all over again, I would have NEVER in a MILLION YEARS got involved with this so called business. Please learn from my mistake.

Reason of review: just flat out deceptive.

I didn't like: Independent consultants, How i was treated, Low-down filthy way to do business.

Comments

This review is absolutely wrong about what this company represents. Your problem - joining someone who was in the business for the wrong reasons.

Do not base your "friends" horrible business ethic and people skills on what the entire company reflects. I myself have had countless customers tell me that even though the products are expensive, they are worth every penny. An ethical person (unlike your "friend" who fools people) actually want to HELP other women find success such as we did. It seems like you joined this business thinking it would be easy, and a get-rich-quick type of thing.

This business just like ANY other business requires HARD WORK, dedication and consistency. If you think that $100/month is a huge cost to own your own business, try opening up a brick & mortar shop and then get back to me about that $100. You need to remember, this is BUSINESS. Also, you don't have to spend the $100/month to make money...

You just earn an extra percentage when you spend that $100/month. Your sponsor probably didn't tell you that, because she wanted you to spend the money. Anyways.

I'm sorry you had a horrible experience, but this company has seriously changed mine and so many other women's lives. I hope you reconsider one day.

to Jessica #1606751

RF....changing lives one sucker at a time...lol

Does anyone know how to change your upline?

I am a consultant. I actually had to return something and never had a problem.

The customer service was phenomenal. Also the $25 they charged you does go twords the $100 that you need every month. Their products are great! I love them!

They really do work!

Obviously you had a horrible upline and now you are just griping about everything. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience.

I'm sorry, I feel the same way.

Terrible slam from a person who clearly hasn't tried or benefited from the product use

WOW, what a rant! BTW - You typed Rodan + Fields wrong.

;-) and it sounds like you had a *** upline. Bottom line is the products work and we have a great refund policy if they don't. Also, if you're using the products that $80 you're spending on product a month is seriously no biggie. I mean, even if you aren't using the product you can just put a few eye creams in there and sell them to eager friends!

Work the business and see success as big as you can dream it. Anyway... it's not an easy gig and certainly not everyone is cut out for this type of work. Sounds like you fit that bill and would prefer to complain rather than admit it just wasn't a good fit for you.

Good luck in your next endeavor! One day you might think back and wish you didn't quit when it got hard.

I'm sorry you feel this way about the company. The truth is that you will come across people in any business that are dishonest and only in it for the $$.

I'm sorry that was your situation. This company has done nothing but good things for me! I knew ahead of time that in order to receive a commission you had to spend $80 in product and $25 for your website. I had also used the products for 2 years and loved them!!!!

They have changed my skin and have really helped me! I've been a consultant for nearly 2 years and I don't make a lot of money. It does help supplement my income and I love the discount on the product. Please don't be so negative about a company when you really had a negative experience with a person.

It's your responsibility to research what is your requirement as a consultant! I spent months to make the decision!

I've only seen positive outcomes with the people who have used the product! It's been life changing for me!

I can’t believe people have no morals and can sell this cancer causing product just to make money!! You all should be ashamed of yourselves!!! Research things before you sell them and recommend them to others!

Same. I'm terminating now.

Selling off all the stuff I had to buy to stay active on 2nd had sites because screw them. They screwed us.

to Moe #1510821

How do you terminate?

I stumbled upon this review and do understand part of where you are coming from. I am a R+F consultant.

10 months in and averaging around $800-$900. I have no directs beneath me. I do work my business but I enjoy it and it easily fits into my busy schedule. Let’s be clear here though...you do not HAVE to purchase product every month...you still make retail profit, just not the extra commission.

You do not HAVE to subscribe to the website...I don’t, and guess what, my business is growing just fine. And you do not have to just repost other peoples posts or engage in any shady practices. I see it happen quite often and it makes me want to puke! Don’t get me wrong, I think the commission structure is in serious need of rework.

I think many get paid too little while a few get paid WAY too much for their efforts. But...I truly believe anyone can make this business work for them. It is about being smart and making sound business decisions. If I have less than $1,200 in sales a month (which hasn’t happened since my first month), I wouldn’t purchase product personally to get the extra commission because it wouldn’t make business sense.

I just want people to know that this isn’t black or white...there is a lot of gray area. Good things have come to me because of this business but it is what you make of it.

to Wendy #1484754

How do you avoid using the website? The $24.95 a month bugs me!

And that we have to pay for our shipping. But otherwise, I’m working my business the same way as you and it works out because I love the products and I’ve been earning enough to pay for them.

to Chelsea #1504305

Just cancel Pulse Pro. You still can access Pulse. You just don't have a website (your customized URL won't work) but customers can still log into their account and you both can do your business.

to Meg #1605487
Thank you for telling how it works without Pulse Pro! You have no idea how long I've been looking for that information - it definitely is not readily available.

I believed that we couldn't get online orders without having it.

I'm going to cancel it this very minute. :)
to Chelsea #1530596

Hi Chelsea! Honestly, I used Shopify for a while when I tried doing the whole online store thing (NOT with R+F).

Their fee was $27/mo plus you had to purchase a domain AND create and maintain your own website and website apps! It was time consuming and a huge hassle! Plus, I had to create alllll my own marketing material. So now, I happily pay the $25/mo for R+F!!!

It is soooo much more convenient to me. Plus, we get a weekly marketing toolkit!? What?!

I think that's a better deal! :D

to Wendy #1498924

Agreed. Not sure what your game is but at least be honest!

to Wendy #1517548

I was told if I joined I could not decline after free trial period. That if I did not pay I could not order.

to Wendy #1530592

That is very true. Not all people are cut out to run their own business.

It is what you make of it and how well you train yourself to become better and offer people more value. That's why so many people do not make a profit--because they're not willing to work their business properly. Although there is room for improvements within the company systems, the products work, the work is enjoyable (at least to me it is--I am a happy consultant), and the Drs.

are providing opportunities for the taking. But I absolutely agree that people should maintain sound morals in their business practices.

San Antonio— thank you for your honesty.

Yes, the #bossbabesrandf are shameful.

We understand some starting a Pyramid scam.

But doctors who have been privileged, honored, and respected abuse the trust patients put in them.

They hide behind the 0Pyramid structure of no liability and no responsibility.

At 60 yo, these women have no morals. Doctors?

Matters not, for they are not your doctor? Proprietary?

No care, that does not mean exclusive— you can get better formulations that do not damage. Changing lives— yea, lies and more lies.