I am extremely embarrassed to admit that I fell for this huge scam of a "business" hook, line and sinker. I consider myself to be an intelligent woman, having been in the health care industry for approx. 20 years. I was introduced to this business 3 years ago and thought I would give it a go as I felt it would be a fun way to make a little extra money. I am a women's health nurse practitioner and really felt like this would be a good fit for me! I jumped in with two feet because a dear friend who wanted me on her "team".

After reading complaint after complaint on this and numerous other websites, it is clear to see that so many other women have been fooled as well. The only thing we are accomplishing by selling these products is making two very wealthy dermatologists even wealthier. I mean, I suppose the joke is on us. The products are simply not worth the money, the customer service is terrible and the way the up-lines push push push you to sell sell sell is horrifying. This supposed "friend" I signed up under had such dirty and low down tactics to get people to join. She would often prey on people who have very little money and would front them the money to "join her team because it would be life changing and that God was speaking to her heart to give you this money to start your business" knowing full well these women would not be successful but for her....it was another consultant. Another notch on the bedpost if you will.

One of the lines a consultant will feed you is that "you don't have to have a stock of product on hand like other companies". This is not really truthful because as a consultant, you have to make a purchase $100 in product each in order to keep making commission. Keep in mind this doesn't include the additional $25 you have to spend in order to keep your website for people to place orders. What you end up with is a closetful of R+F products (aka product stock) that are so *** expensive you don't want to just give them away. I could really go on and on at the disgusting ways that consultants get others to "get on board".

Please DO NOT make the same mistake I made. I was foolish and did not do my research. Only about 4% of consultants will ever make enough to be a substantial salary and 50% of consultants in 2015 made NOTHING but actually lost money. The Women associated with R+F are wolves in sheep's clothing and should be ashamed of themselves......I mean lets face it, it does not take a rocket scientist to copy and past facebook posts onto everyone's facebook page that you know. Every time I see or speak to friends/family that I introduced to R+F I literally apologize.

Hindsight is always 20/20. if I had to do it all over again, I would have NEVER in a MILLION YEARS got involved with this so called business. Please learn from my mistake.

This person wrote the review because of "just flat out deceptive" at Rodan and Fields. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Rodan and Fields to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was independent consultants, how i was treated and low-down filthy way to do business. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Rodan and Fields for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

San Antonio— thank you for your honesty.

Yes, the #bossbabesrandf are shameful.

We understand some starting a Pyramid scam.

But doctors who have been privileged, honored, and respected abuse the trust patients put in them.

They hide behind the 0Pyramid structure of no liability and no responsibility.

At 60 yo, these women have no morals.Doctors?

Matters not, for they are not your doctor? Proprietary?

No care, that does not mean exclusive— you can get better formulations that do not damage.Changing lives— yea, lies and more lies.

I didn’t to want to point gingers I just wanna know how I can get out of being a consultant. They do not make this info easily accessible on website. Does anyone know?

to Chris #1432572

Call customer service and cancel your consultant account.If you are under 60 days send back your products for a refund.

Whomever helped you should have been able to tell you this...

But call support for consultants.

Some people are looking for a job not investing in a business...I spent nearly $10,000 to start what became a very successful business (not RF) def not for everyone...

It may not have worked for you and other people, but it is working for many.I wonder why?

With anything you do, you have to do the work to succeed. You can’t expect to become a millionaire overnight. I started with a positive attitude. I loved the products and knew that others would love and benefit from them too.

I’ve had fast success. WHY? I’m consistent, caring, and confident. I’m sorry it didn’t work for you and that you didn’t have a coach like me.

My team is working their businesses everyday and seeing what this opportunity can do for their personal developement and their the financial welfare of their families. One quote I heard recently that applies here was one I heard at a training to become a volunteer at a local hospital.

(Something I can now do thanks to this “scam.” “When you point your finger to place blame, look at your other three fingers on your hand.They are pointing at you.”

to Cyndee #1428930

Ugh did you really just say that..the lame finger pointing motivational quote?

So your “success” is because you are...kind?Not because of the life changing products or new sales and people skills you learned while developing “your” business?

Speaking of “your” business don’t you find it odd that in one breath you are the CEO of your own business but in legal contractual text you aren’t allow to speak poorly of the products or the business model while a consultant or even when you break away from the cult..or business as you call it?

As a coach did you tell your team of the new income disclosure statement where there aren’t levels by title but levels by team sales?

Did you tell them that the income disclosure statement now talks about the personal confidence you gain, friendships and “fun money” you earn? Do you know you are in currently with your post above in violation of your contract? You can’t talk about financial success or gains one bc they aren’t true and two bc the FTC is cracking down on MLMs, private and public bc they can’t recruit based on lies. which when 90+% lose money—-it’s a scam.

I hope you didn’t use your real name “Cydee”.That’s an unusual spelling and one that might be easy to pinpoint in the RF database of consultant names.

to Anonymous #1429112

Lol you tell her! Cyndee you’re a fool who got sucked in !

Yep.Thank you for sharing this post.

If it looks like a duck, walks and talks like a duck,...guess what? it is! This is a scam. It looks like multilevel marketing, it works like multilevel marketing and it smells like a scam.

They pay google and all these big browser companies to speak well of this crap.

The truth is, if your product can't sell itself, and you need use exploit desperate and hardworking people to sell it, your product is worthless. My wife and I stick to Aveda.

They have their own store, I buy the product because it works.Not because someone is trying to shove it in my face on my social media feed, or social media messenger.

to Mark Cunningham #1432833

Yes, actually an informed adult who can seek out a good product, and refuse a bad one.

Not babysitted by #bossbabesbabysit!

The products age your skin.

One satisfaction os all their cons and users are ageing faster than everyone else.

Caledonia, Michigan, United States #1311454

Unfortunately this poster was most likely unsuccessful with her business - and therefore like many people who are not wining in life, she's "blaming" and looking to "complain" about the business model and the products.In her post alone, she incorrectly speaks of the "inventory" of products and "website" costs.

With any successful business, you need to 1. Be passionate about the product you are endorsing. If you are not using the product yourself, how can you expect others to buy it from you? You are a walking billboard for you brand.

2. You are not forced to buy any product on a monthly basis. If you CHOOSE, you can enroll yourself in the Consultant Replenishment Program, which gets your product at your low consultant price. Again this is not mandated.

If she didn't want to spend her own money, then sell a product at Retail and get that "bucket" filled. 3. The Pulse is your Website cost which is $24.95, and with any business I have own .. these are the maintenance charges to keep the operation of my business moving.

To me, this a minimal costs and investment back into my business. I believe there are "rotten" apples every where, so perhaps the leadership was lacking on your team. I assure you this is NOT the case for many of us out there. I've never seen anyone pay for others enrollment kits..

but even so... why does it matter to you? Are you affected by it? Does it directly impact your day at any level?

The truth is, by posting negative feedback and saying untrue things, only shows me that you clearly don't understand this business and the opportunity it has provided to many people. These doctors you speak up... have helped women retire their husbands, paid of college student loan debt, allowed women to get out of bad situations.. Empowered, Inspired, and Encouraged women that they should DREAM big.

I don't know many doctors, or people for that matter that can say the same thing.

If you're thinking about this business, don't surround yourself with this negativity...Cheers to beautiful skin and lashes!

to Ava #1400204

Yes!I couldn’t agree more.

It is not for everyone. People want easy, and there is work involved and there are always costs associated with any business. Why would you think you’d get a business for free?

You have access to great products, you are given all the tools, mentorship and support one could ask for but at the end of the day you need to put in the work.

Shame on you for not giving yourself a chance, i’m sorry this wasn’t for you and I hope you find something to fulfill you.

to Lauren independent Consultant #1400214

Curious, how much are you actually making with RF? I’m assuming your trolling this site to feed some pathetic positive feedback, but in truth you’re one of the 99.9% of pathetic consultants actually making nothing

to Anonymous #1425579

I have been in Rodan & Fields for less than 3 months.I didn't sign-up to build a business.

I signed up to have the discount because the products work. I actually make enough from the people who have seen my results and came to me asking if they could buy from me. That income covers the cost of my products I use on myself and is slowly building to more. If it didn't, I wouldn't care because in my book I spend the same or more on my previous products and they didn't deliver the same results.

I the ENTIRE amount I've invested in this venture is the sign-up fee ($45 1x) and my first month of products to use myself. That's it. I think the original poster maybe signed up under a bad apple because let's face it, not everyone is above board in the world. There are a lot of people who are out for themselves and by the description she gave, that was one of them.

That doesn't mean, however, that the entire company is bad. The company itself gives tons of money to charity. EVERYONE gets a 60 day guarantee, and you aren't required to pay $25/month for the website since there is a less intense version that is free. The amount the OP said you had to pay per month for commission is a misleading statement because the company posts all the practices of the company 100% available for anyone to see at anytime.

It basically works like this. You make the difference between the consultant pricing and the retail or PC pricing for your customers, no purchases or website costs required. If you choose to spend at least $100/month then you make additional commission on top of the already decent amount you make from the straight retail difference.

So let's all call it how it is.

Not everyone is meant to build a business this way, and that's okay.

Not everyone who signs-up is honest and hardworking, and that's not okay but we can't really control others actions.The take-away is seeing the truth through the BS.

to Anonymous #1432834

The #bossbabenomath cannot tell you she is spending a few $k a moth to “Fake It Till You Make It” and calles facts— the Ne.Ga.Ti.Vi.Ty.

It is really painful and the Pyramids have the cons internanalizing the conflicts of all this.

This does not happen at your favorite stores?

to Lauren independent Consultant #1400465

Lauren---Shame on her?What???

Shame on her for what?

The "mentorship" you mention, according to the OP, preyed on those that don't have a lot of money and tells them to get in on the opportunity bc God wants them to?!

Did you disclose to all of those in your DL or did you UL leader disclose to you that they are removing levels and that they are now in legal docs saying that this is a way to make "fun money" and aren't allowed to talk about R&F being a way to become wealthy? Did you know that 125K of consultants (out of 160K)didn't make 1 cent from R&F in 2016?

Did your mentors tell you that 99% make less than $13K?

And that was before taxes, trips, parties, product and kit purchases, training and business purchases etc. Did you share this with those that you recruited?

Why is it that every former R&F consultant that I personally know has felt awful about this experience and like the OP has apologized to those that they conned into purchasing products from them.

She gave it a chance and saw how awful this is and is now doing the right thing and informing others of the truth.

Nothing shameful here, at least not on her.You, Lauren however, by carrying on and contributing to this sham--well, the shame is actually on you and those like you.

to Lauren independent Consultant #1432619

Costs a randf lev1 at least $1,000 to stay in business.

A lev5 promises randf min of $4,800 monthly and does not get $2,500 monthly— as if you were a real business.

No, only 0.30%, or 860 made over $50,000 in 2016– before any and all expenses. That is barely a LivingWage AND includes the milliondollars doctors!

Honest? Do the math!

to Rocg #1432622

Was $1,000 per month to stay in business, so 1 year = $12,000.

$4,800 x 12 = $57,600 for randf and does she get $30,000 like in YOUR OWN BUSINESS?

Obviously this is just play money!

to Rocg #1434625

This makes no sense.I am a math major and a Wall Street executive and also familiar with the R+F business economics.

"A level 5 promises randf min of $4,800 monthly and does not get..."??? There is no promise of income in R+F literature.

And the Level 5s I know make more than 4,800 monthly.

I don't care if folks criticize the business, I have no emotional attachment.I just don't understand the lack of facts in some of these arguments.

It is not for everyone, but some do very well with this.

Grand Forks, North Dakota, United States #1224363

I am still a consultant but finally questioning the point of continuing.I actually love the products and have been using them for several years.

I don't really push the business, and only have/had a few people as 'PC's (they liked what the products did for them), but if they moved on, I didn't desire to find a replacement user.

Your story sadly made me laugh, as I too have a closet full of unopened boxes from monthly auto ships. Thankfully I have several family members that I can gift them too.

The $25/month for the website... I went without for a while... then thought I *should* have it/needed it.

I see no difference in income with it, just access to what I should have anyway.

The $80/month never works out to that. The products add up to either $79, or $81 when you pick what you want to replenish... and then there is the tax on top (over $8 for me), plus the new flat shipping charge of $9.95.

So the minimum total each month is quite close to $100 if not over (depending on what you want to replenish). It is never just $80.

Yes, I could skip a month or stop the CRP consultant replenishment program auto ships.

I could take time to strategize to only order CRP during the month that my customers decide to replenish their products, but it is work... but a different sort of work than owning a 'real' business, with 'real' employees, and having to pay 'real' monthly, and quarterly taxes, insurance, etc. It's only a Schedule C at tax time if you make above a certain amount (though you could turn it into a 'lifestyle' and begin to brand yourself/make an LLC). Until that time, even the accountant sees it as a 'hobby' and there are only so many tricks that are legit to help you with 'write-offs' (just like schilling candles, jewelry, scrapbooking, stamping, packaged food, housewares, clothing...

and other social parties/business opportunities). But isn't the point to make money while getting great skin, not just write off your home office, computer, phone, gas, etc? Or at least get a great discount on great products that you would otherwise be buying elsewhere? Perhaps this is better suited for bigger dreamers, and those with a bit more time on their hands.

I still waiver I guess because that strand of a dream/sales pitch maybe? hasn't been cut, I like the products (and my skin looks great... products work as well as other high end products I used to use). If I actually took the time to analyze the P&L over time, I'm afraid I might not like what I see.

And, then if I purchased all those other awesome, expensive products from the aesthetician then they would be getting the profit vs.

buying from myself.What a mindf**k.

to Anonymous #1430579

I pay my $2500/month mortgage with my business.I have the best skin of my life and not one person thinks I’m 40.

So, it may not have “worked” for you, but it does for me and others. You made a decision that wasn’t right for you and you’re blaming others.

If it didn’t work for anyone then it’s a scam.You wanted it to work and didn’t do anything and now you’re complaining.