7.1K views
Featured Not resolved

I bought lash boost (never any other Rand F products) and within 3 weeks my eyelids became bright red and itchy. I thought it was due to seasonal allergies but ive never had my eyes react to seasonal allergies before so I kept using the lash boost.

Big mistake.

Now my skin feels like it’s on fire and I am told from my doctor it’s caused by contact dermatitis. Here are some pics with no eye make up on my face.

Review about: Rodan And Fields Lash Boost Serum.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Total scam my bank has been alerted to notify me of any credits I did not approve. Will be spreading the words about this product.

Will notify my local news channel to make them aware so other customer don’t get taken advantage of.

Let’s all we careful of these kind of advertisements. Thank you

I used R+F lash boost for about 2 months. My eyelids and the skin above the eyelids turned dark pink but my eyelashes grew so long that I kept ignoring the discoloration.

Then the longer lashes started to resemble spider legs and fall out.

I discontinued useage, the discloration faded in about 2 weeks but my eyelashes began to fall out until they were more sparse than before I started using the product. Very unhappy with this product and so sorry I didn't research more thoroughly before i tried it.

to Lucille Mazzella #1435733

Did you see the legal team putting together info for a potential lawsuit? You might want to contact them and tell them about your experience.

It’s no better than anything at CVS. Very overpriced.

I have wasted my money. Every post on FB appear to be not genuine. Trick lighting. Using a 21 year old who is pretty and didn’t need anything.

Or an older woman who clearly had a doctors help, yet saying it’s due to skin cream. It’s absurd to think the ‘miracle’ photos shown are real.

And the sales force, well they change their personalities. It’s very sad.

You should always test an unfamiliar product on a small portion of skin before using near eyes or mucous membranes.

to Anonymous #1392757

The redness doesn't occur until you have used the product for 3-4 weeks! I did test, like they said to do, 24 hours and did not have any problems til 3-4 weeks later

to Melissa S #1433897

I had no problems until week eight. I had red swollen looking eyelids exactly were the product was placed every night.

I just stop using it and lucky me I got my lashs back to normal and no long lasting problems. My Consultant got paid in full. I did not qualify for a Refund. Stupied Business Practices.

Consultant claims never heard of anyone having a Bad Experience. They are all Full of Themselves trying to get money from this Company since they have Spent to much already.

I had the same exact thing happen to me, but oddly enough after several months of using it with no issues! It started on my eyelids and started creeping beneath my eyes as well.

I treated it with a steroid/antibiotic drop and it went away for about a week and then it started spreading all around the sides of my eyes and down my cheeks.

I wish I had never heard of this product :( Has anyone had this happen and the contact dermatitis clear up? I don’t understand why it isn’t getting better after I’ve stopped using the product.

to Melissa #1383507

Hey. Contact dermatitis can be a vague term, that is true.

If your symptoms are not alleviated with steroid treatment and the use of a possible antihistamine (Benadryl) you may want to consult a dermatologist or your primary care physician.

Sometimes contact dermatitis can require antibiotics. So just to be on the safe side, consult your provider.

Absolutely horrible product. Please DO NOT USE LASH BOOST.

It has meltedvawsy the periorbitol fat around my eye socket....hence, I have sunken in eyes now....NOT ATTRACTIVE !!! If you do research on this product you will see that there are several, severe side affects.

to Lucyenzo #1422851

I used mine for about 4 weeks fine. Now my lid is super swollen, droopy, and painful.

I stopped immediately. Did yours get better after stopped usage?

to Lucyenzo #1435542

Thank goodness there is finally a class action law suit against Lash Boost!! Finally this deceitful company of scammers is going down!

to Anonymous #1458858

HOw do I get involved in this lawsuit? My eyes are sunken in, & all I wanted was longer eyelashes for my wedding.

I have prided myself in taking good care of my skin, now my eyes look dark & horrid! I’m 35, but looked like I lived a 55 year old rough life!

to HollowEyes #1459002

Google it. There are at least 3 different firms doing an investigation.

So not a lawsuit... yet.

to HollowEyes #1484406

If that happened to you..you should have contacted the company. Or filed a report.

Or SOMETHING.

If it was that bad you would have. So try to piggy back but it’s no ones fault but your own that you can’t read instructions, ingredients or apparently a phone number.

Interesting, I have the same issue. However I have been using it for two weeks and I feel like my lashes are improving.

I think we just have sensitive skin. ??

to Sue B #1377846

It is interesting, Sue. But it might be more than having sensitive skin.

It might have something more to do with the actual ingredients. Just so you know two weeks is not really an adequate sampling of adverse effects.

Perhaps more severe issues occur with long term use which is rather unfortunate considering the required reliance on the products to maintain your desired results. I'd be cautious if I were you.

R+F has a great return policy. Hopefully you took advantage of it.

It does have almond oil in it - do you have nut allergies? I use it and it works a dream for me, but I have a friend who, while it worked well for her, she had to return it because she was having itchiness.

to Anonymous #1378427

Great return? Before you tell anyone else that maybe you should read this site as well as the Better Business Bureau- they have a very bad reputation for returns.

More importantly, you willingness to fire off info as if fact without actually taking the time to learn that what you're saying is fact (it's not!) most of the info consultants spew is also inaccurate, which makes sense when you consider the lack of training and expertise. Its definitely not blantant ignorance.

Sorry about the adverse reactions. This is really a growing problem.

Thank you for being brave enough to add photo evidence. Please consider making a formal complain on the Better Business Bureau site as well as the FDA. I don't know if any but this could be potential grounds for a class action suit. Definitely stop use and see a dermatologist if you haven't already.

P.s. Be prepared for consultants to tell you it's all because of a bacterial infection.