Rodan and Fields - Customers Don't Matter -- Only Consultants

82 of 142 Rodan and Fields reviews

I actually love the R&F products, I can afford them, and nothing else I have ever used has ever worked as well. HOWEVER, I will NEVER buy from them again. Does that make any sense? Probably not. But, it is because of how they run their business – they do not care about customers, only consultants. I thought it meant something to be a Perks customer. Then I had a problem that could have easily been solved.

I just needed to be transferred to another consultant because of online threats of litigation against an organization of which I am a member by, not my consultant, but a consultant in her chain from whom she derives revenue. My consultant understood, and wasn't going to fight letting me go. But, the only consultants I knew were also in the same revenue chain as the consultant threatening my organization.

Did the company make anything easy for me? No. Was I valued as a customer? No. Over the phone -- the designated Perks customer line -- I was told I could find a new consultant by just searching the website. Guess what? That's an infinite loop. You don't get to an actual list of consultants. When I called back, I was told to e-mail. None of my e-mails were replied to in a timely manner. It took 3 weeks -- 3 weeks -- for me to be assigned to another consultant. I had to give up my Perks status just to be connected to her.

Do you know what I learned in every communication with the company? Customers are the least important entity in their business model. They don't care about customers until those customers become consultants. They will protect their consultants to the nth degree, and the loss of just a customer, oh well.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• As a preferred customer

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Review category
Cosmetics and Toiletries
review #869322 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Rodan and Fields? Submit review ›
Helpful? 45 Yes 45 11 No 11
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
82 of 142 Rodan and Fields reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 04, 2016 #1194494 Easley, South Carolina, United States

Oh my! Terrible experience. I'd be angry too. In fact I'm sort of angry for you. It took me a long time to find something that worked for me, and I'd be mad if I had that much trouble and received no support as a loyal customer. I am glad to hear that your consultant attempted to do the right thing. It is a business, but the primary reason I do this is to help people. It sounds like only your consultant felt that. I have had a great experience with RF and I'd be happy to try to earn your trust. #trustthispharmacist ;) https://ashleyyost.myrandf.com

2 11 Reply

Jul 20, 2016 #1187755 Columbus, Ohio, United States

That is unfortunate and frustrating to say the least. Your consultant should have been able to help you & one would hope the people she works with are willing to work with customers too. If not, I would have left too!! I'm also shocked corporate couldn't give you a list of consultants to choose from immediately...sad. If you decide to give it a try again in the future I'm happy to help. My team is in it for the long haul and we want happy R+F customers. kathyunderman.myrandf.com

1 13 Reply

Jul 08, 2016 #1182843 San Jose, California, United States

I'm so sorry this happened to you but I feel you are very wrong about the money part that is. Consultants make more money with PC then having other consultants under them. Why? Because some consultants do not work hard and are only in it for the discount. Of course there are the consultants that do work hard but money is money. I would love for you to be my PC. I have not looked at the date of this post but if it was recent and you so happen to check back please let me know if you need another consultant. I treat my PCs very nicely! :)
www.jarai.myrandf.com

0 16 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Rodan and Fields. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Rodan and Fields.
Filing a new complaint about
×